Monday, August 14, 2006

The REAL first day

So yeah, today is sunday... my alarm went off at 8:30, when I meant it to go off at 9:30.... long story. Anyway, I went to church at 11 at university church, which is an interdenomination church on campus. It was okay, and Dr. Will Miller gave a great message. After that, I went to a luncheon that also started at 11, so I missed almost all of it. I got food, anyway, free food, that's what counts...
    When I got back, my roomate, Tyler from St. Louis, was moving in, so I kind of helped with that... later we rearranged the furniture and stuff so everything would fit and stuff, I'll post a picture once I get the equipment to do so... I had to be at the Elliot Hall of Music at 5 to check in, so I checked in and sat there for about an hour and half, which was pretty worthless, except I got to meet the trumpet leaders, and some of my fellow trumpets, which was pretty cool. Then the director, Jay Gephart, talked for about an hour about the staff, their credentials, what we would be playing, and what to expect in the next couple of days. The auditioning freshmen for band camp filled up the seating of an entire orchestra, so that was pretty neat... Then we had playing auditions, which made me really really nervous, but it was okay, and the audition went really well, I think... they don't actually tell us how we did. We don't find out if we made it until friday. Then there was "mixer", they gave us cookies and punch and told us to socialize, so I did.....
          Anyway, I have to get up and be at the music hall at 8:30, sooo... that's about it.


powered by performancing firefox

No comments: