Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Pictures! (Finally)

I got my package in the mail, which includes the adapter that will let me transfer pictures from my phone to my computer. So take at look at some of this stuff.
This is me in front in the entryway of the Northeast Cary Quad building. My room is in the picture: its windows the second pair of windows directly above me, the ones with the curtains slightly open... yes, my room is precisely in the center of the building on the highest floor.
This is a view from the doorway of my room, post-rearranging. Futon and T.V. on the left, lofted beds and desks on the right. Yes, its a sweet setup, yes there is a huge walk-in closet to my left, and check out the next pic...This is a view of the semi-private bath which is attached to our room across from our closet. Big shower, private bath.... yes, this is the suite life.
More marching and playing today... the most notable thing we did today was "Fountain Hail" which all the trumpets did... we all went and stood in the middle of a shooting fountain and played Hail Purdue while getting competely soaked fully clothed. It was actually a lot of fun.... I'm getting better at this marching stuff, but I'm still not sure if I'll make it into the band... they have pretty high standards and I'm getting kind of nervous. I REALLY want to be in it.

1 comment:

I Eat Dentists said...

... catching up.

Hey, when Ian is about 14, I hope you will be there to tell him about all the cool benefits of working hard in school (i.e. suite heaven). BTW, it REALLY pays off big if you do great in college! A 4.0 student will be able to BUY a HUGE suite, or even several! Not that I am implying that money is all that and a bag of chips or anything, but it is sure nice. Actually, lets put it this way. Instead of feeding the straving stomachs of 2 kids in Nigeria, you can support 20!

I know you are going to do great. Just remember to work ahead and you will be in great shape. The worst thing is to be a last minute studier.