Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Nearing the Limit

Now I begin to approach the point where I just wish I was back home. Not because I'm not enjoying myself here... I'm just tired. I want to be with my family, with my friends at home, in my own bed. But I know this is my bed now, and these are my new friends... My body is tired, my mind is tired, I'm severely in need of alone time. But aside from that, I'm having a BLAST!
Today, I got up and actually went to breakfast at Ford dining court, and then went to rehersal. The upperclassmen got here today and had auditions until about 3:00. At 3:00 they marched from Elliot all the way down to the practice field where all us freshmen were, and joined us. After dinner, we actually got an oppotunity to go over the basic again, this time with the upperclassmen... about 400 people, all instrumentalists and auxilaries included. It was an awesome sight to see, 400 people snapping to attention on command. After about an hour of practice on the field, we marched down the street back to Elliot, in Purdue marching fashion, which was new for all the Freshmen... we just stood in rank and marched beside upperclassmen and watched and copied what they did. 400 people marching in ranks of 10 in a huge line down the street all in step and playing Hail, Purdue is truly an awesome sight, but even more awesome to be one of those people! We then proceeded to fit all 400 of us in a comparitively tiny orchestra rehersal room and then practice music... wow, that was amazing... that's like all the kids in Bloomfield High and Jr. High put together.Its an exhilirating experience, and the expectations are for you to be as close to perfect as possible, which is a great standard to be held to.. as much as I complain about being tired, I know band camp is awesome!

No comments: