Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm a member!

And the results: I made it in!!!! I'm officially in the ranks of the Purdue All-American Marching Band! That's pretty sweet... They gathered all the trumpets all together and somewhere along the way to where we were going we lost the 5 trumpets that were getting cut... they kind of just dissapeared, I guess the student leaders took them out, because when we got to where we were going they said, congradulations, you've all made it in. There are 5 "Saturday Staff" who will each have to do 2 shows at some point, so some people will get rotated around so the saturday staff get a chance to perform; that will probably be the weakest performers on a certain week that get taken out.
Now I can officially call myself a band member.... I get to visit Notre Dame, and Penn High in Mishawaka, and if Purdue actually does well this year and wins more games than it loses, we'll go to a bowl game, which would be absolutely sweet!
We got an extra long break for lunch after playing a bit more music as the finalized band. After lunch, they marched us from the hall of music to the marching practice field, up to Slater Center, which is the outdoor concert location of the pre-game concert, to pump up fans... then they marched us right into Ross-Ade stadium, and showed us where we will sit, right in the middle of the U. They released us right from Ross-Ade, so it was nice and close to my dorm, since my dorm's right across the parking lot. We had the rest of the night off, so I got a shower and then hung out with some friends and played DDR and Guitar Hero, it was a lot of fun.
Now I'm ready to go to bed....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, good job. But remember: Purdue is no place for a mighty warrior.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, We're proud of you but knew you could do it!!
Grandma & Grandpa R

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am sooo excited that you made it. I knew you would. It will be such fun to be there on Sept 2 to see you march and hear the band. Thanks for writing the blog as we love reading about your schedule and activities. Love you, Grammi

Anonymous said...

SWEET! I'm glad to hear you've started this school year off so mintily! (I just had to use that word) I want to hear all about your friends! What's Guitar Hero? Miss you!

9, BURLESK

I Eat Dentists said...

Congrats Matt! This is sweet. I am thinking this will be one of the best parts (if not THE) of school. It is something I wish I could have done. Hey, the family will have another Purdue fan! Go Purdue! The football team looks quite young this year, but hopefully that means they are good sometime in the next few years. Probably in '08. Same with b-ball.

Tip for the day...
Don't eat too much pizza, or you will look like uncle Mike.