Thursday, August 17, 2006

A new change to the blog.... anyone and everyone can post comments now... I just found that option and turned it on.
Well this is it.... by the time most of you read this, I will already know whether or not I have made it into the band. After the president of Purdue speaks to us, we get taken into sections and told who stays and who goes. Hopefully I'll stay... today was "marching auditions", as if this whole week hasn't been our audition. It was our last chance to impress our student leaders, who will be deciding who they want in their sections. We had to perform a Block-P march in hi-chair, lo-chair, and glide steps. We also had to lo-chair up the field playing Hail Purdue at tempo 172, which is nearly 3 beats a second.
On the march back to the Hall of Music, we took a detour off the street into the bottom level of a parking garage and played Hail Purdue while marching through.... THAT was interesting.
Well, I'll keep you posted.... trust me, you'll know whether I make it into band or not....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey. Good Luck! Either way I'm proud of you!

Laura