Tuesday, August 22, 2006

An Odd Day

Today was an odd day. I didn't have any class until 9:30, so I got up at a reasonable hour and ate breakfast before class. Then I headed off to chemistry recitation, which was definately not worthless, since the TA covered stuff the professor wasn't going to bother with covering in class. Then after I got out of class, I went and traded in a worthless Response Pad for my engineering class-- it seems I didn't have the right one. So I did that at University Bookstore, then walked to Follet's Bookstore near the stadium to get several things for my Chem lab on Wednesday, and the NEW response pad that we needed to have. After I got through all that, I still had a quite a bit of time left before my next class at 2:30, so I got all my stuff together and went down to the basement and did laundry, which was great to get out of the way on a Tuesday afternoon when practically no one else was trying to use it. It didn't take me too long, and when I got done I still had time to go eat and clean up before my speech class at 2:30. Speech was fine, should be fun if I actually try to enjoy myself in there. I had to run from there right to band, and we basically finished up the forms for the pre-game show, which is great....
I spent most of tonight doing homework, though before I left the Hall of Music, I did get my uniform, which is completely awesome.
I also had two completely random encounters today with people I know from outside of Purdue. One was with Sawyer Sparks, who is a guy from the Bloomfield area, who transferred to Purdue this year. The other was this: I was sitting in the Hall of Music, waiting to go get my uniform, when around the corner comes this one little girl that I had to supervise during my stint as a helper at the Shawnee Children's Theatre this year. I knew this girl was from West Lafayette and that her dad was a professor or something at Purdue, but I never expected to run into her! I guess her dad is actually Michael Plake, who is basically the director's executive assistant, so I've been under his direction like every day.... that was so completely random.
That about wraps it up for today....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can you send a picture of you in uniform sometime? Just goes to show every where you go you'll find some one you know or who knows you!!! We are doing fine in New Mexico. Weather is cool here too, especially at night. There's been more rain than they usually have. Grandpa and I find plenty to keep us busy but I hope to get him running around soon to see more of the country. Love Ya